Things to know when joining a challenge
1. When you enter into a challenge, you are fully responsible for any misses that you incur, whether that is planned or unplanned. If you know you are going to be traveling, you will need to plan ahead. If you get sick, you are still responsible to complete your challenge and are on the hook for any misses that you incur. Please do not join a challenge if you do not intend on completing it.
2. Whenever a player joins a challenge, Spar! charges a $1 authorization fee. Don’t worry this fee gets refunded immediately after your credit card or bank approves the charge. This fee helps us make sure that anyone joining a challenge is using a valid card and is able to pay for any missed check-ins they accumulate.
3. Challenges begin at 3am the day after the creator hits start. This ensures everyone has time to complete the first check-in, with no unfair surprises. *Note: A Spar! day begins at 3am and ends at 2:59am.
4. Make sure you have push notifications enabled. You can always change your push settings as you go if you find that you are receiving too many.
5. Penalties and misses are calculated depending on the timezone where you use Spar. If you usually use Spar in PST, your penalties will be calculated in PST until we can update on your timezone. To update your timezone, simply open the app when you arrive at your new destination.
6. There’s no shame in tossing in the towel. If you can’t complete the challenge, make sure to “Give Up” before you continue to incur additional penalty fees. Note: When you “Give up” you incur a $20 penalty that gets put into the pot for the other participants to compete for.
7. If this is your first time using Spar, you will not be able to join any challenges longer than 1 month. We ask that you familiarize yourself with the way Spar works and the mechanics before committing yourself financially to a big commitment. In most cases, you will complete your first challenge, understand how it all works, and then start to take on longer challenges once you are a pro.